[mpich-discuss] sequencing non-blocking requests

Martin Pokorny mpokorny at nrao.edu
Fri May 4 12:14:23 CDT 2012

Hi, all;
I'm trying to create a generalized request out of a sequence of regular
requests. I've implemented this using the extended generalized request
"class" with a wait function to check and make progress on the sequence
of requests. Within the wait function of the generalized request, I'd
like to call MPI_Testall on some subset of the current (sub-)requests,
but I'm uncertain about whether that is safe. In my implementation this
works much of the time, but occasionally there are apparent deadlocks
(however, I'm not sure of the cause). I'm wondering whether or not it's
OK to recursively call MPI_Testall and other, similar functions from the
wait function of the generalized request without special measures. Any
insight would be appreciated.

--
Martin Pokorny
Software Engineer - Jansky Very Large Array