[mpich-discuss] Some inconsistencies with universe size (r9823)

Yauheni Zelenko zelenko at cadence.com
Thu May 3 16:09:44 CDT 2012

Hi!

I.m trying to experiment with dynamic spawning in r9823.

My parent process relies on universe size to launch children processes (universe size - 1 of them). on remaining resources.

I launch parent process with

mpiexec -host "host1,host2,host3,host4" -n 1 <parent process name>

and

mpiexec -host "host1:4" -n 1 <parent process name>

In first case universe size is 1, on second - 4.

MPICH2 1.4 provides universe size 4 for both cases.

Eugene.