[mpich-discuss] Some problems when I run mpi application

Long Li longli97 at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 16:08:57 CDT 2012

Hello, guys:

When I run the following command of High performance Linpack benchmark(HPL):

mpirun -n 4 ./xhpl ,

it gives me the following error :

0 - <NO ERROR MESSAGE> : Could not convert index 1140850688 into a pointer
The index may be an incorrect argument.
Possible sources of this problem are a missing "include 'mpif.h'",
a misspelled MPI object (e.g., MPI_COM_WORLD instead of MPI_COMM_WORLD)
or a misspelled user variable for an MPI object (e.g.,
com instead of comm).
[0]  Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!
p0_8906:  p4_error: : 9039
0 - <NO ERROR MESSAGE> : Could not convert index 1140850688 into a pointer
The index may be an incorrect argument.
Possible sources of this problem are a missing "include 'mpif.h'",
a misspelled MPI object (e.g., MPI_COM_WORLD instead of MPI_COMM_WORLD)
or a misspelled user variable for an MPI object (e.g.,
com instead of comm).
[0]  Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!
p0_8907:  p4_error: : 9039
0 - <NO ERROR MESSAGE> : Could not convert index 1140850688 into a pointer
The index may be an incorrect argument.
Possible sources of this problem are a missing "include 'mpif.h'",
a misspelled MPI object (e.g., MPI_COM_WORLD instead of MPI_COMM_WORLD)
or a misspelled user variable for an MPI object (e.g.,
com instead of comm).
[0]  Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!
p0_8908:  p4_error: : 9039
0 - <NO ERROR MESSAGE> : Could not convert index 1140850688 into a pointer
The index may be an incorrect argument.
Possible sources of this problem are a missing "include 'mpif.h'",
a misspelled MPI object (e.g., MPI_COM_WORLD instead of MPI_COMM_WORLD)
or a misspelled user variable for an MPI object (e.g.,
com instead of comm).
[0]  Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!
p0_8909:  p4_error: : 9039