[mpich-discuss] MPE Documentation

Ed Baunton ed.baunton.09 at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 14:07:24 CDT 2012

Anthony,

Many thanks for your help. It was indeed not configured for X11 correctly.

I had a further problem in that the system I was running on did not have
xwd present thus I had to configure and install it to a custom directory.
Is there a way to manually configure the location of xwd during
configuration?

There is a comment in mpe_graphics.c that indicates there might be but I
couldn't find anywhere in any of the configuration scripts to do it.
I found changing line 750 of mpe_graphics.c to:
sprintf( cmdbuf, "xwd -display %s -id %ld > %s%.3d.xwd\n",
handle->display_name, (long) handle->xwin->win, handle->capture_file,
handle->capture_cnt++ );
made the code much more versatile (rather than hardcoding the location)
since I could just add my own xwd to $PATH. Obviously, a better solution
would be to update the configuration but this did the trick for me.

Thanks,

Ed