[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 Fail in Windows 7 64bit Intel Core i7 2.8ghz

Alejandro Allievi alejandro.allievi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 06:39:39 CDT 2012

Hi Everth,

I wrestle with mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.msi installation for a couple of
weeks, got lots of help from Jayesh and Robert, and it's now running. The
errors you are having, I had (and still have) too. Please look at snapshot
WMPICONFIG.DOCX, I do still get "MPICH2 not installed or unable to query
the host" but tests and my MPI programs (so far....) work.  Take a look at
the other attachment under " *Install of MPICH2:* " and follow it to the
letter. Let me know how it goes.

Salud!

Alex

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:10 AM, Everth Quiala <everth.quiala at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am having problems setting up mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.msi in my
> Windows 7 64bit Intel Core i7 2.8ghz computer.  This is the series of step
> that I follow to set it up:
>
> 1 - Run cmd.exe as an administrator
> 2 - execute this line which triggers the installation wizard:
>      msiexec /i mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.msi
> 3 - Once the installation is successfully completed I have tried both
> statements to set up the credentials and none of the work
>
> mpiexec -register
> account (domain\user) [HPElite\equiala]: (hit enter)
> password:
> confirm password:
> Password encrypted into the Registry.
>
> and same as above but this time specify my user name
>
> mpiexec -register
> account (domain\user) [HPElite\equiala]: equiala
> password:
> confirm password:
> Password encrypted into the Registry.
>
> 4 - finally I run the validate command as follows and here is where I see
> it fails:
>
> mpiexec -validate
> FAIL
>

> Notes: I also pulled the wmpiconfig.exe and what I see under error is: hpelite: MPICH2 not installed or unable to query the host
>
> Please, help me.  Let me know if you need any extra information.
>

> Thanks,
>
> --
> * Everth Quiala*

*Dr Alejandro Allievi, PhD, PEng*

*"Tenez, mon ami, si vous y pensez bien, vous trouverez qu'en tout, notre
véritable sentiment n'est pas celui dans lequel nous n'avons jamais
vacillé; mais celui auquel nous sommes le plus habituellement revenus".
Denis Diderot.*
 **
*This email and its attachments are for the sole use of the addressee and
may contain information which is confidential and/or legally privileged.
This email and its attachments are subject to copyright and should not be
partly or wholly reproduced without the consent of the copyright owner. If
you receive this email in error, please immediately delete it from your
system and notify the sender by return email.*
* *