[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 Fail in Windows 7 64bit Intel Core i7 2.8ghz

Everth Quiala everth.quiala at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 23:40:36 CDT 2012

Hi:

I am having problems setting up mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.msi in my
Windows 7 64bit Intel Core i7 2.8ghz computer.  This is the series of step
that I follow to set it up:

1 - Run cmd.exe as an administrator
2 - execute this line which triggers the installation wizard:
     msiexec /i mpich2-1.4.1p1-win-x86-64.msi
3 - Once the installation is successfully completed I have tried both
statements to set up the credentials and none of the work

mpiexec -register
account (domain\user) [HPElite\equiala]: (hit enter)
password:
confirm password:
Password encrypted into the Registry.

and same as above but this time specify my user name

mpiexec -register
account (domain\user) [HPElite\equiala]: equiala
password:
confirm password:
Password encrypted into the Registry.

4 - finally I run the validate command as follows and here is where I see
it fails:

mpiexec -validate
FAIL

Notes: I also pulled the wmpiconfig.exe and what I see under error is:
hpelite: MPICH2 not installed or unable to query the host

Please, help me.  Let me know if you need any extra information.

* Everth Quiala*