[mpich-discuss] Problem running mpiexec within a queue (LSF)

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Fri Mar 9 04:16:32 CST 2012

Hi,

Am 07.03.2012 21:27, schrieb Peer-Joachim Koch:
> Am 07.03.2012 18:51, schrieb Pavan Balaji:
>>
>> On 03/07/2012 11:45 AM, Peer-Joachim Koch wrote:
>>> now I'm using my normal shell.
>>
>> If you are not inside an LSF allocation, you will be running all
>> processes on the node from which you run the mpiexec command.
>>
>>> bsub -q SLES -a mpich2pgi12 -n 8 mpich2pgi12.lsf ./MPI2hello
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> which wrapper should be used
>>> a modified "mpirun.lsf"
>>
>> Umm.. What is mpirun.lsf? Can you try using mpiexec directly?
>>
> No, the lsf need's some stuff around (it creates a hostfile and other
> things). Finally mpiexec is called within this script. I can ad the
> script tomorrow, but it's not as easy to follow without the rest.
>
> What does the error message from the mpiexec mean ?

today I found some free minutes for testing. I used simply

bsub -q SLES -n 96 mpirun ./MPI2hello
mpirun  is the link to mpiexec.hydra and is found in the path. This is
working
perfectly! Also all parameters from the queue are used correctly. Great.
Thanks you!

One further question:
The people are using different compiler:  gcc+gfortran or pgcc+pgf90 or
ifort+icc

For compiling different mpif90 are necessary, but what abou the mpirun
(==mpiexec.hydra) ?
Can I use the mpiexec.hydra created with gcc for running progs compiled
with ifort or pgf90 ?

If so, it would be much easier ...

--
Bye,