[mpich-discuss] error :Assertion failed in file ch3u_buffer.c at line 77: 0 memcpy argument memory ranges overlap

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 29 10:21:03 CDT 2012

On Jun 28, 2012, at 9:33 PM MDT, loc duong ding wrote:

> Thank you for your suggestions. Finally, I succeeded to compile mpich with configure option: configure --prefix=/home/users/dinhloc1984/mpich2 --enable-fc --enable-f77 --with-device=ch3:nemesis:m FC=gfortran F77=gfortran CC=gcc.
>
> But I have problem when I run the mpiexec. I got the error:
>
> MX:node1:mx_init:querying driver:error 5(errno=2):No MX device entry in /dev.

I haven't personally setup Open-MX.  But presumably you need to do something to install the driver and cause "/dev/SOMETHING" to show up (I don't know what "SOMETHING" is actually named).  Consider contacting the Open-MX team for help with this.

> I try to looking for some instruction in manual, but I can not see it.
>

>> As for the distinct buffers, just don't try to send and
>> receive from the same buffer at the same time, it simply doesn't make
>> sense (the receive can corrupt the send data).
>>
> For the buffer problem, I can not manage the code in the OPENMX package. Is there possible to solve this problem by mpich2 set up?

The code that is buggy is not the Open-MX code, but rather the application code that you are compiling with mpicc/mpif77/mpif90/mpicxx.  I can't/won't debug this for you, you need to do the work here.

-Dave