[mpich-discuss] executing programs from samba share

Keith Parkins kparkins at cs.rochester.edu
Thu Jun 28 10:15:10 CDT 2012

Hi Jayesh,

Using the -map option indeed worked. Our old setup (older mpich-1.2 plus
Windows Xp) didn't require the map parameters. I don't know if it is due
to the different versions of the os or of MPICH2, but hopefully this
message will help anyone else who has this problem.

Your final suggestion for spawning the graphic nodes is interesting.
Right now I run the serve with -d 0 option per the old Windows MPICH  pdf
after logging into each node. Are you saying that using the -localroot
option will get rid of the need to run the server with the -d 0 option
and without requiring the user to login to the client render nodes?

Thanks again
-Keith