[mpich-discuss] executing programs from samba share

Keith Parkins kparkins at cs.rochester.edu
Wed Jun 27 10:01:13 CDT 2012

Hi,

I upgraded our mpich2 cluster from Windows XP to Windows 7. After
getting the smpd service configured and working with the -d 0 option to
take control of the screen, I tried testing our application. The
application accesses dlls from a mounted share, and the global
environment variable on each client adds the dll directory to its path
by default. However, when the program is spawned by mpiexec the clients
cannot find the path with the dlls (it complains that it can't find a
dll in the mounted directory). When using either the -path or the -dir
flags to explicitly tell mpich2 it still fails with the same message. I
am wondering if there is a security setting that needs to be modified to
allow remote processes to be able to load applications and dlls from mounted
shares. Launching the program as a standalone works as expected.

Does anyone know how to address this? I've tried searching with no luck.

Thanks!
-Keith

Keith Parkins                    U of R Center for Visual Science
kparkins   cvs.rochester.edu       Meliora Hall, Room 253