[mpich-discuss] Fwd: ask for help on MPICH2

Michael Colonno mcolonno at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 18 12:31:43 CDT 2012

	Hi Jayesh ~

	Firstly, thanks for the response to my question. After some hours of
debugging over the weekend I managed to get the application to build
(Windows example environments you mention below were very helpful). The key
seemed to be judicious choices of which libraries to link and ignore via the
/NODEFAULTLIB: flag. I'm linking a total of three external libraries (MPICH2
is one of them) and had to build various libraries and pieces of my own code
ignoring "LIBCMT" and "MSVCRT" in various places. In building other two
libraries from source I have tried to be strictly consistent with my
application in terms of compiler flags & settings (everything is "Release",
x64, /MT, etc.) but I still needed to ignore various default libs in some
and not in others. I wish there were a more systematic way to go about this
on the Windows platform (and maybe there is and I simply don't know it).
	I'll be doing some test runs later today with MPICH2 on the Windows
side; hopefully there won't be any run-time issues but I will let you know
if I run into anything.

	Thanks,
	~Mike C.