[mpich-discuss] Isend Irecv error

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 15 13:52:10 CDT 2012

You are probably either hitting a resource limit (likely) or one of the nodes in your system is not configured correctly and is causing larger jobs to fail (less likely).

Have you tried *not* setting MPI_ERRORS_RETURN (i.e., leaving MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL as the default) to get a clearer error message?

Alternatively, have you tried using MPI_ERROR_STRING() to find out what message is associated with the specific error code present in the status?

http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi22-report/node193.htm#Node193

-Dave