[mpich-discuss] Fortran integer support 4/8-bytes

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Jun 7 17:43:19 CDT 2012

Does MPICH2 support Fortran bindings with 8-byte integers?  Do these
permit values greater than what is representable in a 4-byte integer
or does the lower level implementation in C preclude the use of
arguments greater than 2^31?

Sorry for the dumb question.  I consulted the MPI standard (regarding
the general question with Fortran integer sizes) and the MPICH2
install docs (perhaps a rather old PDF from the Internet) but did not
find the answer.

If the MPI standard addresses this topic, can someone point me to the
relevant section?  I can find such random topics much easier in my
paper copy but I do not have access to it right now.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond