[mpich-discuss] help with hybrid programming of OPenMP and MPI

Dingjun Chen Dingjun.Chen at cmgl.ca
Tue Jul 31 11:53:55 CDT 2012

HI, guys,

I will begin to work on the hybrid programming of OpenMP and MPI to
improve our software products. Our software products are implemented
using FORTRAN.   Could someone tell me more information on the following
questions?

1.  Currently I am using Intel Fortran compiler "ifort.exe", please tell
me how to configure the ' makefile' so that ifort.exe can simultaneously
build the hybrid OpenMP and MPI codes. By the way, MPICH is installed on
my computer under Window 7.
2. Could someone tell me where I can get some typical instances of the
hybrid MPI and OPenMP codes? I need to test if the hybrid programming
environment on my computer works well with those instances.

Thanks indeed in advance.

Dingjun Chen
Computer Modelling Group Ltd.
Calgary, Alberta,