[mpich-discuss] Link Error Using MPICH2 with Visual Studio 2010

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 26 10:01:21 CDT 2012

Hi,
 You have to specify the include (<MPICH2-INSTALL-DIR>\include) and lib (<MPICH2-INSTALL-DIR>\lib) directories in Visual Studio (where <MPICH2-INSTALL-DIR> is typically "C:\Program Files\MPICH2"). Look into the sample projects to see the settings required.
 Also make sure that you are linking with the right libraries (e.g. 64-bit applications require 64-bit libs.).

Regards,
Jayesh