[mpich-discuss] All the processes are not using almost same cpu

harsh soni harshiisc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:36:00 CST 2012

Hi
I am using mpich2 with fortran. when I am running my mpi code, on my
desktop (which has 8 processors), initially all the processors are using
almost same cpu % (around 70 %) ( checked by  top command ). but as time
passes, % cpu usage of one processor raises to almost 100% and % cpu usage
of others down gradually.
Earlier my code was working fine, but I modified it to optimize. What could
be the possible reason for this problem .
  With best regards

 * H**arsh Soni*

  http://www.physics.iisc.ernet.in/~harshsoni/