[mpich-discuss] MPICH2: Error

sameer kathawate kathawate.sameer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:16:37 CST 2012

Hi all,

1st time i am using the mpd and mpdroot.

Whenever i run the application which uses mpich, hits me back with the
below error.

mpdroot: perror msg: No such file or directory
mpdroot: cannot connect to local mpd at: /tmp/mpd2.console_root
    probable cause:  no mpd daemon on this machine
    possible cause:  unix socket /tmp/mpd2.console_root has been removed
mpiexec_isosd-desktop (__init__ 1208): forked process failed; status=255

I was getting some secretpassword before but fixed that with some online
help.

But not sure how to go through this error.

Thanks in advance

--Sameer