[mpich-discuss] [EXTERNAL] Re: Modifying ssh calls for MPICH2

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jan 17 17:32:02 CST 2012

Am 17.01.2012 um 23:09 schrieb Kekatpure, Rohan Deodatta (-EXP):

>> You are on which distribution?
>
> I am on MAC OS-X snow leopard 10.6.5

Okay, I compiled my example on a Mac with 10.6.8 and it can be compiled fine w/o any warning or error. I get the same error message during execution, but:

$ mpirun -np 2 -hosts localhost ./mpihello

is working. Or you add your TCP/IP address and s198992.local s198992 to /etc/hosts, then it works too (you have to enable the root account the Mac first).

In case you prefer the domainname sandia.gov on your Mac:

scutil --set HostName s198992.sandia.gov

-- Reuti