[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 (or MPI_Init) limitation | scalability

Bernard Chambon bernard.chambon at cc.in2p3.fr
Thu Jan 12 05:31:58 CST 2012

Hello,

Good news, It works !
Whith your patch I can run 255 tasks and perhaps more, without any special
configuration on the machine (*)

It's a very good news for me,  Let me thank you very much Darius

>mpiexec -np 255 bin/advance_test
Running MPI version 2, subversion 2
I am the master task 0 sur ccwpge0062, for 254 slaves tasks, we will exchange a buffer of 10 MB

slave number 1, iteration = 1
slave number 2, iteration = 1
slave number 3, iteration = 1
slave number 254, iteration = 1
slave number 1, iteration = 2
slave number 2, iteration = 2

slave number 254, iteration = 7

Now will try to run jobs (thru GridEngine + Hydra) with higher numbers of tasks
and I will tell you if it's ok

Best regards

Le 11 janv. 2012 à 18:49, Darius Buntinas a écrit :

> I think I found the problem.  Apply this patch (using "patch -p0 < seg_sz.patch"), then "make clean; make; make install", and try it again.  Make sure to relink your application.
>
> Let us know if this works.
>
> Thanks,
> -d

PS :