[mpich-discuss] RDMA Support

Svancara, Randall rsvancara at wsu.edu
Fri Jan 6 10:40:27 CST 2012

I am well aware of the differences in the installations as I have installed them.  I am just wondering if there is support for RDMA in MPICH2.  I know OpenMPI and MVAPICH2 have support for RDMA.  I do not use MPICH2, it is new to me and I was just curious if it would be a feasible option on our HPC.  Looks like it is feasible, but you have to use slower TCP over IB, which is not optimal for our environment.

Thanks for the two cents!

Randall Svancara
High Performance Computing Systems Administrator
Washington State University
509-335-3039