[mpich-discuss] Hydra framework (thru Grid Engine)

Bernard Chambon bernard.chambon at cc.in2p3.fr
Mon Jan 2 09:31:26 CST 2012

Hello,

Le 27 déc. 2011 à 06:48, Pavan Balaji a écrit :

> This is not an MPD vs. Hydra issue, but something that went wrong in the new release of MPICH2.  Can you tell us which versions you can reproduce the performance degradation with and file a ticket for it?

No I can't reproduce the performance degradation.
I think that it was a wrong interpretation from myself

I apologize for this wrong information

I have rerun the same code, compiled with gcc (4.1.x), and I can't get higher numbers with gcc than icc.

and with gcc, I'm not so far from the eth2 limit (~1GB/s)

> dstat -n -N eth0,eth2
--net/eth0- --net/eth2-
 recv  send: recv  send
   0     0 :   0     0