[mpich-discuss] mpiexec hanged up with large stdin

Yuheng Xie thinelephant at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 01:15:01 CST 2012

Hi,

I started using MPICH2 recently and found a problem about reading large
file (>64KB) from stdin. My program hanged up on the line MPI_Init(&argc,
&argv);. Could anyone help me? Thanks a lot.

My program: test.cpp
#include <mpi.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
    MPI_Finalize();

    return 0;
}

Compile and run:
mpicxx test.cpp -o test
cat test.txt | mpiexec.gforker -n 2 ./test   # This is OK
cat test.txt | mpiexec.hydra -n 2 ./test   # When test.txt is larger than
65536 bytes, this won't return.

The MPICH2 was installed with following commands:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-cxx
--enable-fast=O3,nochkmsg,notiming,ndebug --with-pm=hydra:mpd:gforker
--enable-smpcoll
make
sudo make install