[mpich-discuss] spawning processes in different cores with mpi_info

Umit umitcanyilmaz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:38:39 CST 2012

Hello all,

Is there any comprehensive documentation about mpich2?

I want to learn which keys are allowed in MPI_comm_spawn. Is not there any
documentation about these things?

I want to create more then one process at once on specific hosts.

If I run the programm with following code I can create two processes on
core01
    np=2;
    MPI_Info_create( &info2 );
    MPI_Info_set(info2, "host","core01");
    MPI_Comm_spawn( "/demo2/./demo2", MPI_ARGV_NULL, np, info2, 0,
MPI_COMM_WORLD, &intercomm, errcodes );

But I want to create each process in other core? Is is possible? I tried
adding more then one core to info2 but it did not work :
    MPI_Info_set(info2, "host","core01,core02");

I got he following error: Fatal error in MPI_Comm_spawn: Other MPI error,
error stack

Can somebody help me please?

Kind Regards,