[mpich-discuss] MPI-IO issue

Grismer, Matthew J Civ USAF AFMC AFRL/RBAT Matthew.Grismer at wpafb.af.mil
Wed Feb 22 13:49:58 CST 2012

Wei-keng,

I built MPICH2 1.4.1p1 with the very latest Intel compilers (12.1.3) on OS X
10.6.8, rebuilt my code and ran it, same incorrect results read (darn!).  I
built the ROMIO tests coll_test.c and fcoll_test.f, and both ran without
errors.  I am using MPI_ORDER_FORTRAN in my subarray definition.

I've attached the relevant section of code.  When I continually reset the
file view  (as shown) with correct displacements after reading each
variable, then x, y, and z are read correctly.  If I remove the last 2 set
views, x is read correctly but not y and z.  As I mentioned before, checking
file pointer position in the file on each processor after reading x is only
correct on processor 0, even though the subarray command has correctly set
the lower and upper bounds for the derived type to the full block size.

Matt