[mpich-discuss] Progress for user-defined non-blocking collectives

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 21 18:32:15 CST 2012

Right, I don't have a problem with the implementation using a background
thread, but I don't want each library to have its own background thread.
(Because this could be quite a large number of threads for a coupled
multiphysics simulation.)

So if we need a common interface at this level, I'd at least like to
discuss doing it at the MPI level.