[mpich-discuss] Undefined references (MinGW)

Sergio NNX sfhacker at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:06:01 CST 2012

> Hi,
>  Any reasons you are using all the multitude of options
 when installing MPICH2 on Cygwin (I am sure that all configure options
are not tested on Cygwin)? You should stick to Linux/Unix if you want to
 exercise all MPICH2 configuration options.

First of all, I'm NOT using Cygwin!

It's really evident that MPICH2 hasn't been tested on MinGW AT ALL!!. I've been patching a lot of files for a few days and I haven't finished yet. Every time I fix one issue, another one pops up! Anyway, to answer your question, if I use '--with-pm=smpd', i get all those lovely undefined references, so I have to use '--with-pm=none' instead. But if I use '--with-pm=none', I'm unable to run any test. So ...... I'm still lost!

This is a very good project and I'm more than happy to contribute to it (ie configure, make, make install, make testing, patches, etc, etc, etc) on MinGW, but I may need some assistance.

Thanks for your reply and looking forward to your help.

Sergio.