[mpich-discuss] mpe on BG/L

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 9 11:34:17 CST 2012

----- Original Message -----

> Earlier I have compiled with MPE on other platforms. Now, I am trying
> to compile my program with MPE on BG/L by linking like this:
> -L<path to lib> -llmpe -lmpe

I used MPE on BGL before.  It should work.  There are compiler wrappers, mpecc
and mpefc, so that you don't need to specify the library yourself.

"-llmpe -lmpe" are linked by command "mpefc -mpilog".

> There are no compilation errors but clog2 file is not produced on
> running the program, what can be the reason? Is there something else I can
> try?

Did you see message in stdout of the program that clog2 file was generated ?
If not, check to see if the executable has MPE symbols.

BGL has no local disk, so if the program runs long, you need to specify
MPE_TMPDIR so each process can dump the local trace to somewhere but the
default /tmp. You may also need to use MPE_LOGFILE_PREFIX to specify where
you final merged clog2 file is.  All these environment variables are defined
in mpe2/README.

A.Chan