[mpich-discuss] Problems Running WRF on Ubuntu 11.10, MPICH2

Sukanta Basu sukanta.basu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 21:33:50 CST 2012

Hi Gus,

I tried setting the stack option in limits.conf. No change. I logged
on to each nodes and checked that the ulimit is indeed unlimited.

I just installed openmpi and recompiled WRF. It now runs with any
array sizes. However, I have a different problem. Now, one of the
processes quits suddenly during the run (with a segmentation fault
error). I think both the mpich2 and openmpi problems are somewhat
related.

Best regards,
Sukanta