[mpich-discuss] mpich2 on ubuntu 11.04

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 7 11:24:24 CST 2012

Hi Kwstas,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Can you try this snapshot of the trunk?
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/nightly/trunk/mpich2-trunk-r9469.tar.gz

Add the "--enable-g=all" configure parameter.  That will add some debugging features.  If it still fails, send us the output, hopefully it will produce some helpful output.

Next we'll generate some trace logs.  Create a directory called log: "mkdir log", then add the following before the mpiexec command:
    MPICH_DBG_FILENAME="log/dbg-%w-%d.log" MPICH_DBG_CLASS=ALL MPICH_DBG_LEVEL=VERBOSE
e.g.,
    MPICH_DBG_FILENAME="log/dbg-%w-%d.log" MPICH_DBG_CLASS=ALL MPICH_DBG_LEVEL=VERBOSE mpiexec -n 10 ./foo

That will generate a log file for each process in the "log" directory.  If the files aren't huge, I'd like you to tar/gzip or zip the directory and send that directly to my email (but please keep mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov in the recipient list for all other emails).

Thanks,
-d