[mpich-discuss] error in mpiexec

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 3 12:27:35 CST 2012

This topic/suggestion has come up before, but it's harder to do in practice than you might think.

The primary problem is that the "singleton init" case has no mpiexec, so the check can't be quite as simple as just "assert some environment variable contains the right magic cookie value".  At best we could try to detect some of the Open MPI environment variables and the OMPI guys could try to detect some of our environment variables.  It would never really be a robust solution.

-Dave