[mpich-discuss] How to access members of MPI_File struct

Ammar Ahmad Awan ammar.ahmad.awan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 01:05:00 CDT 2012

Dear All,

I am using a simple program to access MPI_File attributes. I know that the
API provides functions such as MPI_File_get_atomicity( ) but is there a way
to access them directly.

Example:

int atomicity;

// method 1
printf("atomicity : %d", MPI_File_get_atomicity(fh,&atomicity));

// method 2
printf("atomicity : %d", fh->atomicity);

Method 1 in the above code works fine as expected but method 2 give me the
following error

error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

Can anybody guide me on how to solve this problem.

Kind Regards
-- Ammar
Masters Student
Dept. Of Computer Engineering,