[mpich-discuss] help with hybrid programming of OPenMP and MPI

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 1 09:42:32 CDT 2012

Hi,
 As Jeff mentioned look at the Intel website for the user guide for the version of IVF installed in your system (Information about compiler options, makefiles etc). You should find an option similar to "/Qopenmp" to enable openmp in your code.
 If you are planning to use MPICH2 (MPI library) you can download and install it from "http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=downloads" . Intel also has its own version of MPI library (derived from MPICH2). So you might want to take a look at it too.
 Just google for hybrid OpenMP+MPI codes (Or look into any good book on parallel programming that covers OpenMP and MPI).

(PS: You don't have to build MPICH2 if don't have plans to work with MPICH2 library internals i.e., you just want to write MPI programs.)
Regards,
Jayesh