[mpich-discuss] Problem compiling Mpich2 with -fPIC

Matthieu Dorier matthieu.dorier at irisa.fr
Sun Apr 29 01:55:10 CDT 2012

Actually, I tried again on a clean environment without PVFS2, and it worked fine, so my guess is that PVFS was itself not compiled with -fPIC, making the compilation of mpich2 impossible with --enable-shared. I'll try adding PVFS to my installation (this time with the right options) and get back to this thread if I run into the same problem again.

Matthieu Dorier
PhD student at ENS Cachan Brittany and IRISA
http://people.irisa.fr/Matthieu.Dorier