[mpich-discuss] Forcing creation of working directory on Hydra

Yauheni Zelenko zelenko at cadence.com
Tue Apr 17 18:21:48 CDT 2012

Hi!

I think will be good idea to have and command line option to enforce creation of working directory in Hydra/proxies.

One of user of our software want to use subdirectory /tmp as working directory. We create one before starting mpiexec, but it works only for local host.

If such request will be considered unreasonable will be good idea to add more meaningful error message. Current one is:

[mpiexec at spiceneh8c-1] control_cb (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_cb.c:215): assert (!closed) failed
[mpiexec at spiceneh8c-1] HYDT_dmxu_poll_wait_for_event (./tools/demux/demux_poll.c:77): callback returned error status
[mpiexec at spiceneh8c-1] HYD_pmci_wait_for_completion (./pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_pmci.c:179): error waiting for event
[mpiexec at spiceneh8c-1] main (./ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:397): process manager error waiting for completion

Eugene.