[mpich-discuss] More progress for generalized requests

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 13 17:36:21 CDT 2012

I want to use this interface, but I'd like my requests to be able to make
progress any time control is in the MPI stack like standard nonblocking
collectives, rather than only when explicitly polled.

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/uploads/cels/papers/P1417.pdf

Would it be reasonable to add yet another extension by which we could ask
for MPI to call the MPIX_Grequest_poll_function via the normal progress
engine?

I would prefer to put the call to PAMI_Context_advance() into my
MPIX_Grequest_poll_function instead of having to manage another thread for
it.