[mpich-discuss] What happend with "mpdtrace" command on MPICH2-1.4.1p1

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 22 15:01:52 CDT 2011

Hi Miguel,

On 09/22/2011 02:02 PM, Miguel Angel Fernández wrote:
> I am trying to use Eclipse PTP with MPICH2-1.4.1p1 and I discovered that
> in this version of MPICH2 there is no way to know who many cluster nodes
> are active; in previous versions you could do that with mpdtrace command.
> Is there any way to do this on MPICH2-1.4.1p1?

Actually, mpdtrace just tells which nodes mpdboot was run on. This is
basically the list of hosts provided to mpdboot.

Since mpich2-1.3.x, we have changed the default process manager from MPD
to Hydra, which in some sense integrates mpdboot + mpiexec + mpdallexit
into a single mpiexec command.

You pass the host list directly to mpiexec for Hydra.

  -- Pavan