[mpich-discuss] Installing mpich

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 20 12:38:15 CDT 2011

mpich-1.2.7p1 is old and **unsupported**, and you will have
problems to get it to work with modern Fortran compiler, e.g. gfortran.
Since you are new to MPI, what is your reason to use mpich1 ?

You have to use mpich2 if you want Fortran compiler support.
The latest is 1.4.1p1. You can get it from
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=downloads

A.Chan