[mpich-discuss] Compiling shared libraries with Fortran 77 compiler and unexpected option

Thomas Jahns jahns at dkrz.de
Wed Sep 7 12:26:26 CDT 2011

On 09/07/2011 04:54 PM, Dave Goodell wrote:
> On Sep 7, 2011, at 9:38 AM CDT, Dave Goodell wrote:
>
>> On Sep 7, 2011, at 8:24 AM CDT, Thomas Jahns wrote:
>>
>>> there is one other problem still: MPICH2LIB_LDFLAGS do still end up in the
>>> wrapper, despite documentation indicating otherwise. This is the result of setting
>>
>> Hmm... this is a tricky area of the configure.  There is a tension between wanting to discover some needed libraries and/or library search paths automatically in configure (think -lmx and -L/path/to/mx/lib) and putting exactly what the user asked for in the wrapper linking flags.
>
> FWIW, it looks like we have had this problem reported to us before and didn't change things for some reason:

in that case one might separate additions to LDFLAGS that configure discovers
from stuff the user put in LDFLAGS? Should be doable by first getting the number
of characters in the original LDFLAGS variable and then using dd or some other
standard UNIX utility that can count characters?

Regards, Thomas
--
Thomas Jahns
DKRZ GmbH, Department: Application software

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum
Bundesstraße 45a
D-20146 Hamburg

Phone: +49-40-460094-151