[mpich-discuss] Compiling shared libraries with Fortran 77 compiler and unexpected option

Thomas Jahns jahns at dkrz.de
Wed Sep 7 04:20:16 CDT 2011

Hello,

while the patch works for the intended purpose, there is another problem:
setbotf.f in src/binding/f77 introduces a dependency of libmpich.a/.la/.so on
the Fortran runtime. Since my intention is to build working shared libraries,
I'd like to avoid this dependency.

Therefore I tried to change this by setting MPIFLIBNAME=fmpich and
PFMPILIBNAME=pfmpich and changing

lib\${MPIFLIBNAME}_a_DIR = ROOTDIR/lib\
lib\${MPIFLIBNAME}_a_SOURCES = \${mpi_sources} setbot.c setbotf.f\
\

in src/binding/f77/buildiface to

lib\${MPIFLIBNAME}_a_DIR = ROOTDIR/lib\
lib\${MPIFLIBNAME}_a_SOURCES = \${mpi_sources} setbotf.f\
\
lib\${MPILIBNAME}_a_DIR = ROOTDIR/lib\
lib\${MPILIBNAME}_a_SOURCES = setbot.c\
\

But I noticed running 'perl buildiface' in src/binding/f77 and 'perl
maint/simplemake' in the top-level directory of the source tree produces
significant differences in the produced Makefile.in files. Are these scripts
current?

Greetings, Thomas
--
Thomas Jahns
DKRZ GmbH, Department: Application software

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum
Bundesstraße 45a
D-20146 Hamburg

Phone: +49-40-460094-151