[mpich-discuss] How codes are distributed?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 27 22:10:34 CDT 2011

The information you gave below is not self-consistent.

The web URL gives a way to build an ancient version of MPICH2. Someone
should send those guys an email and ask them to delete that page -- it's
misguiding users more than helping them.

Did you use that webpage to build MPICH2 or did you do "apt-get
install"? Your email below says both, which doesn't make sense. apt-get
install should be sufficient.

If you do apt-get install, you should not have any of the mpd stuff.

  -- Pavan