[mpich-discuss] how to connect linux and windows?

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 27 10:50:17 CDT 2011

Hi,
 SMPD is the default (only available one right now) process manager on Windows. After configuring MPICH2 with SMPD on Unix/linux,

1. Make sure that you have the program (say foo.c ==compiled_to==> foo.exe ==renamed_to==> "foo" on Windows) compiled and working on Windows.
       "mpiexec -n 2 foo" should work
2. Add the Windows and Linux hostnames to the "machinefile" (mpiexec -n 2 -machinefile mf.txt foo)
       You can specify the path to the different executables using the "-path" option (mpiexec -n 2 -machinefile mf.txt -path "C:\temp;/home/user/temp" foo).

Regards,
Jayesh