[mpich-discuss] MPID_nem_tcp_connpoll(1826): Communication error with rank 0: Connection refused

Miguel Angel Fernández mafga74 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 22 12:36:43 CDT 2011

Hello everybody

I'm trying to fix a problem that appear when I execute one of the mpich2 program examples.
As you can see, if I execute a normal command there are no problems. The cluster work properly.

mpi at mpi0:~$ mpiexec -f
./mpich2-install/machinefile -n 5 hostname

mpi0

mpi2

mpi3

mpi1

mpi4

mpi at mpi0:~$

but when I try to execute the program, the results are something like this

mpi at mpi0:~$ mpiexec -f
./mpich2-install/machinefile -n 5
/home/mpi/mpich2-install/workspace/Prueba/Debug/Prueba

Hello MPI World the original.

Hello MPI World the original.

Hello MPI World the original.

Hello MPI World the original.

Hello MPI World the original.

>From process 0: Num processes: 5

Fatal error in MPI_Send: Other MPI
error, error stack:

MPI_Send(173)..............:
MPI_Send(buf=0xbfcbe268, count=26, MPI_CHAR, dest=0, tag=0,
MPI_COMM_WORLD) failed

MPID_nem_tcp_connpoll(1826):
Communication error with rank 0: Connection refused

Fatal error in MPI_Send: Other MPI
error, error stack:

MPI_Send(173)..............:
MPI_Send(buf=0xbfb32ca8, count=26, MPI_CHAR, dest=0, tag=0,
MPI_COMM_WORLD) failed

MPID_nem_tcp_connpoll(1826):
Communication error with rank 0: Connection refused

Fatal error in MPI_Send: Other MPI
error, error stack:

MPI_Send(173)..............:
MPI_Send(buf=0xbfa49e98, count=26, MPI_CHAR, dest=0, tag=0,
MPI_COMM_WORLD) failed

MPID_nem_tcp_connpoll(1826):
Communication error with rank 0: Connection refused

Fatal error in MPI_Send: Other MPI
error, error stack:

MPI_Send(173)..............:
MPI_Send(buf=0xbfa57538, count=26, MPI_CHAR, dest=0, tag=0,
MPI_COMM_WORLD) failed

MPID_nem_tcp_connpoll(1826):
Communication error with rank 0: Connection refused

Do you have any idea what can be the problem?

Thank you in advance
Miguel Angel