[mpich-discuss] MPICH problem

Richard Hantke morte at centrum.sk
Thu Oct 20 17:26:44 CDT 2011

Hi.

I have some problem running MPICH program. I have Windows 7 x64. I have
instaled 32bit version of MPICH because i had some problem with LINKER in
64 bit version.

So, the problem is that when I try to run program with command "mpiexec
-localonly 2 cpi.exe" for example, I get promted for passphrase with
"Please specify an authentication passphrase for smpd :" then I write in
the passphrase and next output I get is "Please specify an authentication
passphrase for smpd : Please specify an authentication passphrase for smpd
:" and program is hanged. I can write but it does nothing so I have to
stop it with Ctrl+c. Also, when i write "smpd -status" I get "Abortion:
unable to connect to Mycomputer". It looks like it cannot set smpd service
on my computer, however "smpd -start" works fine. I run cmd as
administrator.

Anybody have any idea what is a problem ? I did not find any similar
problems on web.