[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 on heterogeneous Cluster

James Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 29 10:52:40 CST 2011

Compiler, library, and O/S compatibility notwithstanding, endianness and
basic type sizes should be compatible between similar-generation AMD and
Intel systems.

While it's not supported, I have personally seen AMD+Intel heterogeneity
work.  Your best chance for success is to force as much homogeneity as
possible: install the same operating system, compiler, etc. on every
node and compile a single binary that can run on all nodes (to avoid
different paddings, etc).

Good luck,
  ~Jim.