[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 with MOSIX

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 27 19:08:53 CST 2011

On 11/28/2011 03:05 AM, Alex Margolin wrote:
> (--prefix...) ; make ; make install ". My work is an optimization of the
> TCP communication of MPI (dynamically loaded to replace send/recv and
> other berkley socket API), so I ran with MPICH_NO_LOCAL hoping this will

Ah, you didn't mention the MPICH_NO_LOCAL environment in your previous
email. In that case, the TCP communication makes sense.

> alex at singularity:~/huji/benchmarks/simple$ MPICH_NO_LOCAL=1
> ~/huji/mpich/bin/mpiexec -verbose -n 3 /bin/mosrun -w ./simple
> host: singularity

The verbose output seems fine, so mpiexec and mosrun don't seem to have
any weird interactions as I originally suspected. Btw, the above command
is OK. You don't need to do any "preparation step" like mpd launch anymore.

Does this problem not occur if you don't run it with mosrun and directly
launch the application?

  -- Pavan