[mpich-discuss] no process manager installed?

Rolf Kuiper kuiper.rolf at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 18 15:40:25 CST 2011

Dear MPI users,

when installing MPICH2 (mpich2-1.4.1p1) from source, I am missing the process manager (mpd or hydra); the resulting bin directory only contains mpicc, mpicxx, mpif77, and mpif90.
I have tried this on Intel Macs with MacOSX 10.7 (Lion) and MacOSX 10.6 (Snow Leopoard). My older installations on different Linux machines/cluster and an old PowerPC Mac never showed such behavior.

I cannot run programs in parallel without a process manager, right?
Do you any help or recommendation for me?

Thanks,
Rolf