[mpich-discuss] MPI_Isend/MPI_Irecv on shared memory

Ioannis Papadopoulos giannis.papadopoulos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 13:34:15 CST 2011

Hi,

I have a program that does a number of MPI_Isends to 4 processes on a
quad-core machine. I can see using MPE that the messages are received by
the (preposted) MPI_Irecvs only after the MPI_Requests of the MPI_Isends
have been MPI_Tested. Is there any rule/preference that changes the
priority of how messages are sent inside implementation depending on if
MPI_Test/MPI_Wait has been called?

I am using MPICH2 1.2.1p1. Unfortunately I cannot share my code, but it
will try to create a small example if possible.

Thanks