[mpich-discuss] disable-auto-cleanup send/receive example

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 2 22:09:41 CDT 2011

On 11/02/2011 08:14 PM, Stewart, Robert wrote:
>> You cannot just "refresh" MPI_COMM_WORLD by resizing it, as the
>> process ranks will be completely messed up if you do that. What you
>> really want to do is create a new communicator with the remaining
>> "alive" processes.
>
> That's interesting, this is something I'd like to try. I can't find
> any compilable examples that make use of MPIX_Group_comm_create,
> would you be able to provide on? I tried, but wasn't sure how to
> create/manipulate the MPI_Group, for the 2nd parameter. Are there any
> code examples?

Here are some examples:

http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/browser/mpich2/trunk/test/mpi/comm/comm_create_group.c
http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/browser/mpich2/trunk/test/mpi/comm/comm_group_half.c
http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/browser/mpich2/trunk/test/mpi/comm/comm_group_rand.c

Please note that the function name has changed. In the copy of MPICH2
you have, it'll be called MPIX_Group_comm_create.

  -- Pavan