[mpich-discuss] MPICH and NWCHEM

Christopher O'Brien cjobrien at ncsu.edu
Thu May 26 16:11:19 CDT 2011

James,
I reinstalled mpich2 and used it to build NWCHEM. I don't know if this solves my problem as I can't get NWCHEM to run in parallel with mpiexec. The error I receive is:
[mpiexec at compute-2-28.local] HYDU_create_process (./utils/launch/launch.c:69): execvp error on file /opt/lava/6.1/linux2.6-glibc2.3-ia32e/bin/blaunch (No such file or directory)

It turns out that the directory does not exist. The executable does not appear to exist anywhere else on my system either.

My cluster is ancient and it will never be updated. Since there is no way around that, everything will have to be done at the user level. Is there any way to launch mpich2 jobs without blaunch?

Thanks,
Chris

Christopher J. O'Brien
cjobrien at ncsu.edu
https://sites.google.com/a/ncsu.edu/cjobrien/

Ph.D. Candidate
Computational Materials Group
Department of Materials Science & Engineering
North Carolina State University