[mpich-discuss] MPICH and NWCHEM

James Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 25 14:14:32 CDT 2011

Hi Chris,

MPICH2 and its Hydra job launcher should work with LSF.  If there's a
compatibility issue then it may be a configuration problem that your
system administrator can help you resolve.  We do have experience with
GA/NWCHEM and MPICH and would like to help you get this sorted out.
It's unfortunately hard when you have an old version of MPICH because
many bugfixes and improvements have been made that may have already
fixed your problem.

Is there a possibility that you can talk with your system admin to get
the latest MPICH2 installed or resolve your LSF problem?  If this is not
possible, can build the latest MPICH2 in your home directory and send us
information on the error you are getting from LSF when running a simple
MPI test program?

Best,
  ~Jim.